The Professional Certificate in Aesthetic Medical Practice (PCAMP) is specifically designed for medical general practitioners who wish to develop their clinical knowledge and skills in the field of Aesthetic Medicine. This course seeks to advance qualified professionals in aesthetic medical practice by offering high quality training.
The PCAMP is an intensive, part time, program encompassing the science of aesthetics, the application of evidence based practice, and the clinical assessment and management of patients presenting with aesthetic problems. Candidates will be encouraged to develop a translational approach to learning and practice throughout the course.
- Module 1 – Tutorial
- Module 2 – Tutorial
- Module 3 – Clinical Workshop & Live Demo
In addition to the completion of Modules 1, 2 and 3, the students are required to submit log books, sit for a written examination and oral examination to obtain the Professional Certificate in Aesthetic Medical Practice (PCAMP).
- LCP – Letter for Credentialing and Privileging
- Diploma – Diploma in Aesthetic Medical Practice (St. Elizabeth University, EU)
- Masters – Master of Science in Public Health (St. Elizabeth University, EU)
LETTER FOR CREDENTIALING AND PRIVILEGING (LCP)
All registered medical practitioners who qualify and wish to practice aesthetic medical practice are required to register under the National Registry of Registered Medical Practitioners Practicing Aesthetic Medical Practice.
The National Registry of Registered Medical Practitioners Practicing Aesthetic Medical Practice has three chapters:
Chapter 1 -Registry for general practitioners practicing aesthetic medical practice
Chapter 2 -Registry for medical specialists practicing aesthetic medical practice
Chapter 3 -Registry for surgical specialists practicing aesthetic medical practice
THE FUNCTIONS OF SAAARMM AS A JOINT SECRETARIAT FOR MAIN CREDENTIALING AND PRIVILEGING COMMITTEE UNDER MINISTRY OF HEALTH MALAYSIA ARE:
- To maintain our database for Registered Medical Practitioners applying for LCP.
- To coordinate the process of registration of credentialed medical practitioners.
- To verify the information provided for the purpose of credentialing and privileging process.
- To assist the Main Credentialing and Privileging Committee of Aesthetic Medical Practice in matters pertaining to the applications for LCP and for foreign medical practitioners for the purpose of training only.
- To assist the Main Credentialing and Privileging Committee of Aesthetic Medical Practice in matters pertaining to appeal by applicants.
- To ensure that the LCP is issued to every successful applicant.
- To track and monitor the credentialing and privileging process.
- To prepare reports when required.
PROCESS OF REGISTRATION FOR REGISTERED MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS PRACTICING AESTHETIC MEDICAL PRACTICE
DIPLOMA IN AESTHETIC MEDICAL PRACTICE (ST. ELIZABETH UNIVERSITY, EU)
The aim of the Diploma is to advance the PCAMP graduates with the ability to apply scientific principles and the latest evidence based research in the practice of Aesthetic Medicine. Candidates will acquire clinical knowledge, specialist practical skills and critical awareness, in non and minimally invasive aesthetic procedures, supported by international leading experts, prominent local lecturers and LCP certified faculty for clinical training.
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN PUBLIC HEALTH (ST. ELIZABETH UNIVERSITY, EU)
This master program will provide you with the breadth of knowledge, the subject-specific expertise, the specialized skills and the powerful global network you need to forge the career you want in public health.
Eligibility for enrolment in SAAARMM Education mirrors eligibility for membership of SAAARMM and holders of Medical degree, details of which can be found on the website and the chart below.
Each module represents lectures and study by research mode management. Each module also has requirements such as pre-reading, pre-disposing and reflective activities and assessment tasks. Learning module booklets are available for students.
The maximum time that can be taken to complete the full course for
- Diploma or PCAMP is 1- 2 years duration.
- Master Course is 5 years duration.
- Application for LCP- at the discretion of the Practitioner.